Every now and again, we all need to take a little breather, travel to an exotic location and spend the weekend with some of our favorite writing buddies. Who doesn’t love the idea of laying on a beach in Bora Bora writing the chapter for your next book? Or how about a weekend stay in Scotland nestled by the fireplace with your notebook and a hot cup of chocolatey goodness? Trust me, it’s a writer’s dream!
If you’re anything like me mini vacations and writing retreats are always a YES in my book!
Writing at home isn’t always the easiest thing to do. I know I’m not the only one that has set a time to write and ended up missing it because of my lack of focus and prioritizing.We are writers, we come from all different walks of life. Some of us are parents, college students, bankers, teachers but I’ve noticed that we all have the same excuse for our lack of writing “I just can’t find the time”.
Well, this is your opportunity to make the time—a writer’s retreat is exactly what you need!
Here you are free from distractions, and responsibilities and you’re only required to focus on one thing… your writing! Being surrounded by other writers in a writing centered atmosphere challenges you to get the work done. At my first retreat, I achieved what seemed to be impossible, in a matter of hours I reached my daily writing goal of 5,500 words! Talk about focused!
So what do you get from these retreats?
- These retreats are designed for you to relax, refresh and unwind.
- You’re free to set your own schedule to work on your masterpiece…WITHOUT DISTRACTIONS!
- You get to travel to different parts of the world and meet new people.
- You’ll get feedback and motivation from experts and your fellow writers.
- Mini interactive workshops to develop your writing skills.
- By the end of the retreat, you should meet most if not all of your writing goals.